The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2022- DOUBLE BASS
24. & 25. September 2022, Dusseldorf
Competitions are important milestones on the path of young musicians. They enable them to present and compare their own skills to an audience and a jury. The competitions of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein have been particularly well received for years.
Our competition for double bass took place for the first time in 2018 – with 35 participants!
Venue: Internationale Musikakademie Anton Rubinstein, Flingerstr. 1, 40213 Düsseldorf.
- 1st Prize - 1000 €
- 2nd Prize - 750 €
- 3rd Prize - 500 €
- The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Double bass 2022 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf and will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany on September 24th & 25th, 2022.
- Bass player of all nationalities and ages may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on August, 26th, 2022
- The final will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Germany.
- The final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 20 candidates will be advanced to the final. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must max. 30 minutes long.
- For the final, the candidates must present a program max. 30 minute time limit. The repertoire choice for the final is free and may include works from the first round.
- In the final, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the 30-minute time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced on Sunday, September 25th, 2022 about 7:00 pm.
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate and his or her legal guardian agree to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: August 20th, 2022
Registration fee: 75€ before July 20th, 2022 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Rental of instruments
The Academy will loan valuable instruments and bows to interested finalists.
Items currently available:
- German bass bow by Hanns-Karl Schmidt, Dresden
- German bass bow from Nürnberger, Markneukirchen
- French bass bow by Charles Nicola Bazin, Mirecourt
- German bass bow by Friedrich Knopf, Markneukirchen
Monthly fees will be 50.00 € per bow
Finalists interested in a loan should contact violin maker Rodolfo Angilletta ahead of the contest.
Tel.: 0049 (0)211 131249