The goal of the International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Piano is to support and promote the career development of the winners through Prizewinners Concerts, including the corresponding media coverage.
Gabriele Leporatti (Chairperson)
The folowing prizes will be awarded in the 2017 Competition:
- 500 € International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein Award
- 500 € Blatow Foundation Award
- 400 € Fontys Hoogschool in Tilburg Award
- 500 € Friends and Supporters of the Anton Rubinstein Academy Award
- Participation in Masterclasses of Anton Rubinstein International Music Academy
- The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Piano 2017 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf and will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany on 26 – 28 May 2017.
- Pianists of all nationalities and ages may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link, YouTube or DVD. The results will be announced via email on 5 May 2017.
- The second round will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Germany.
- The second round of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 20 candidates will be advanced to the Second Round. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must be at least 30 minutes long.
- For the second round, the candidates must present a program which does not exceed a 30 minute time limit.
- The second round repertoire can be freely chosen by the candidates and should be performed by memory.
- In the second round, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the 30-minute time limit.
- The final results will be announced on Saturday evening, 27 May 2017 around 8 pm.
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place during the Prizewinners’ Concert on 28th May
- The Prizewinners’ Concert will take place at the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf on Sunday, 28 May 2017 at 4 pm.
- All winners are required to perform in the Prizewinners’ Concert on Sunday, 28th May.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate agrees to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: 25 April 2017.
- Registration fee: 50€ until 25th March 2017 and 75 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is nonrefundable.