The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2022 – CELLO JUNIOR
13. & 13. March 2022, Dusseldorf
Competitions are important milestones on the path of young musicians. We set a special emphasis with our junior competitions, which are aimed at children and adolescents aged 8 to 15 who are considering a professional music career. The junior competitions offer them the opportunity to check their skills and level of training, to make new contacts and to gain experience in performing. As an alternative to the prize money, the first prize is a valuable ¾ violoncello on loan for one year.
- 1st prize, endowed with 500 € or 3/4 cello as a loan for 1 year
- 2nd prize, endowed with 400 €
- 3rd prize, endowed with 300 €
- The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2022 – CELLO JUNIOR is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf and will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany on April 13.03.2022.
- Young cellists all nations may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on February, 18th, 2022.
- The final will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Germany.
- The final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 20 candidates will be advanced to the final Round. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must max. 15 minutes long.
- For the final, the repertoire can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must be max. 15 minutes long.
- The program for the final may include works from the first round.
- The jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the applicable time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, (to be paid after selection in Final Round), and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced at the end of each competition day on March 13th, 2022 about 6:00 pm..
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate agrees to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: February 10th, 2022
Registration fee: 75€ before January 10th, 2022 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Rental of instruments
The Academy will loan valuable instruments and bows to interested finalists.
Items currently available:
- English cello ¾ from 17th century, London
- German cello bow Moritz Knopf, Markneukirchen
- German cello bow by Heinrich August Rau
Monthly fees will be
50.00 € per bow
100.00 € to 150.00 € per cello
Finalists interested in a loan should contact violin maker Rodolfo Angilletta ahead of the contest.
Tel.: 0049 (0)211 131249