The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2022 - CELLO
11. & 12. March 2022, Dusseldorf
The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Violoncello 2022 supports and promotes talented, young musicians, music students, soloists, and prospective orchestral musicians by providing a platform for competition and with its prestigious awards.
Venue: Internationale Musikakademie Anton Rubinstein, Flingerstr. 1, 40213 Düsseldorf
- 1. Prize - 1000€ or cello bow as loan for one year
- 2. Prize - 750 € or cello bow as loan for one year
- 3. Prize - 500 € or cello bow as loan for one year
- The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Cello 2022 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf and will take place in International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Flingerstr. 1, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany on March 11th & 12th, 2022.
- Cellist of all nationalities and ages may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on February 18th, 2022.
- The final will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- The final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 16 candidates will be advanced to the final. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must max. 30 minutes long.
- For the final, the candidates must present a program max. 30 minute time limit. The repertoire choice for the final is free and may include works from the first round.
- In the second round, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the 30-minute time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, (to be paid after selection in the Final Round), and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced on Saturday, March 12th, 2022 about 7:30 pm.
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate and his or her legal guardian agree to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: February 10th, 2022
Registration fee: 75€ before January 10th, 2022 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
Rental of instruments
The Academy will loan valuable instruments and bows to interested finalists.
Items currently available:
- Italian cello from XVIII century Marche
- Cello bow from Nürnberger, Markneukirchen
- German cello bow by Hanns-Karl Schmidt, Markneukirchen
Monthly fees will be
50.00 € per bow
100.00 € to 150.00 € per cello
Finalists interested in a loan should contact violin maker Rodolfo Angilletta ahead of the contest.