The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2021 - WOODWIND
30. & 31. October 2021, Dusseldorf
The International Anton Rubinstein Woodwind Competition 2021 supports and promotes talented, young musicians, music students, soloists, and prospective orchestral musicians by providing a platform for competition and with its prestigious awards.
Venue: Internationale Musikakademie Anton Rubinstein, Flingerstr. 1, 40213 Düsseldorf.
- 1st Prize - 1000 €
- 2nd Prize - 750 €
- 3rd Prize - 500 €
- The International Anton Rubinstein Woodwind Competition 2021 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf. It will take place on the premises of the Academy in Düsseldorf, Germany on October 30th & 31th, 2021.
- Woodwind Players of all ages and all nationalities may participate.
- The competition will be conducted in two rounds the winners of which will be decided upon by a jury.
- In the first round the jury will evaluate the candidates‘ video clips on YouTube. The results will be announced by e-mail on September, 30th, 2021.
- The final round will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- The final round of the competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 16 candidates will be admitted to the final round. The selection will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein based on the recordings of the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which competitors will perform.
- In the first round, candidates may freely choose their programme but the overall performance must not exceed 30 minutes.
- In the final round, candidates may again present a programme of their own choice. They may even choose the same pieces as in the first round, but their overall performance should not exceed 30 minutes.
- In the final round, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance longer than 30 minutes.
- Candidates may bring their own accompanists to the final round. However, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will – on request and by prior arrangement – provide pianists of its own. The fee for a 20 minute rehearsal plus the performance at the competition will be 100.00 Euros (to be paid after admittance to the final round).
- The final results of the competition will be announced on Sunday, October 31th, 2021 around 7:30 pm. The winners will then be presented with prices and awards.
- All participants of the competition must attend the presentation ceremony.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo-, video- and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With their registration, candidates accept the rules and regulations of the competition.
- The registration deadline is September, 25th, 2021.
- The registration fee is 75.00 Euros if paid before August 25th, 2021 and 100.00 Euros if paid later. Payment must be made into one of the two bank accounts provided and should indicate the full name of the competitor as well as the keyword „Vocal Competition“.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.