The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2019 - FLUTE
13. & 14. April 2019, Berlin
The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Flute 2019 supports and promotes talented, young musicians, music students, soloists, and prospective orchestral musicians by providing a platform for competition and with its prestigious awards.
The Competition take place in Mendelssohn-Remise, Jägerstr. 51, 10117 Berlin.
- Leonid Grudin
- Matthieu Gauci
- MIchael Blatow
- 1. Prize from the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein - 1000 €
- 2. Prize from the Friends and Supporters of the Anton Rubinstein Academy - 500 €
- 3. Prize from the Blatow Foundation - 500 €
- The International Anton Rubinstein Flute Competition 2019 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Dusseldorf and will take place in Mendelssohn-Remise Jägerstr. 51, 10117 Berlin, Germany on April 13th & 14th, 2019.
- Flute of all nationalities and ages may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on March 18th, 2019.
- The Final will take place in the Mendelssohn-Remise, Jägerstr. 51, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
- The Final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 16 candidates will be advanced to the final. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must be at least 30 minutes long.
- For the final, the candidates must present a program which does not exceed a 30 minute time limit. The repertoire choice for the final is free, must be performed by memory and may include works from the first round.
- The works, which require a preparation of the grand piano, are excluded from the competition.
- In the final, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the 30-minute time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, (to be paid with the registration fee), and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced on Sunday evening, April 14th, 2019 about 7:30 pm.
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate agrees to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: March 9th, 2019
Registration fee: 75€ before February 9th, 2019 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.