The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2020 - VIOLIN
3. & 4. 四月 2020, Dusseldorf
The International Anton Rubinstein Competition for Violin 2020 supports and promotes talented, young musicians, music students, soloists, and prospective orchestral musicians by providing a platform for competition and with its prestigious awards.
Venue: Internationale Musikakademie Anton Rubinstein, Flingerstr. 1, 40213 Düsseldorf.
- 1. Prize from the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein/ violin bow as loan for one year
- 2. Prize from the Friends and Supporters of the Anton Rubinstein Academy/ violin bow as loan for one year
- 3. Prize from the Blatow Foundation / violin bow as loan for one year
- The International Anton Rubinstein Violin Competition 2020 is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Dusseldorf and will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Dusseldorf, Germany on April 3th & 4th, 2020.
- Violinist of all nationalities and ages may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on March 8th, 2020.
- The Final will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Dusseldorf,Germany.
- The Final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 16 candidates will be advanced to the final. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must be at least 30 minutes long.
- For the final, the candidates must present a program which does not exceed a 30 minute time limit. The repertoire choice for the final is free, must be performed by memory and may include works from the first round.
- The works, which require a preparation of the grand piano, are excluded from the competition.
- In the final, the jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the 30-minute time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, (to be paid after the selection in the Final Round), and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced on Sunday evening, April 4th, 2020 about 7:30 pm.
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate agrees to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: March 1th, 2020
Registration fee: 75€ before February 1th, 2020 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.