International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2023 - WOODWIND - OBOE
21. & 22. October 2023, Dusseldorf
For years, the International Anton Rubinstein Competitions have enjoyed a great response. Especially in times marked by global crises, it is more important than ever to offer young musicians in their training and at the beginning of their careers platforms where they can test their skills and show themselves to the public. That is why our competitions have been held online since September 2021 – enabling candidates from all over the world to participate.
Conducting the competitions online gives the young participants a particularly large audience, as the videos of all finalists are documented on our website and the award winners are announced on our social media platforms.
The juries include lecturers from the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein and renowned guests.
Gisela Hellrung, born in Düsseldorf, studied oboe at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Stuttgart with Prof. Ingo Goritzki and was a scholarship holder of the German National Academic Foundation until her concert exam in 1996. After winning several first prizes at the “Jugend musiziert” competition in the oboe solo and chamber music categories, she won the International Chamber Music Competition Osaka with the Delos Wind Quintet in 1993 and the German Music Competition in 1994.
From 1994-1995 she played for a year in the solo position with the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra and has been principal oboe of the Düsseldorf Symphony Orchestra since 1996.
Since April 2010, Gisela Hellrung has been a lecturer for oboe at the Anton Rubinstein International Music Academy.
Martin Kevenhörster is deputy principal bassoonist of the Düsseldorf Symphony Orchestra. He completed his training at the Folkwang Hochschule Essen with Dag Jensen and Gustavo Nuñez, completed by master classes with Klaus Thunemann, among others. In addition to orchestral playing, he devotes himself to chamber music as a member of several ensembles. He was a scholarship holder of the “Villa Musica” Foundation and received the Folkwang Prize in 1993. Martin Kevenhörster has played in various orchestras (including the Mahler Chamber Orchestra and Ensemble Modern). Since 1996 he has been principal bassoonist of the Cologne Chamber Orchestra. With this and other orchestras, tours have also taken him as a soloist through Europe, Asia and the USA.
- 1st Prize
- 2nd Prize
- 3rd Prize
Conditions and FAQ
CONDITIONS AND FAQ
• The International Anton Rubinstein Competitions are organised online by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein Düsseldorf.
• Students and professional musicians of all nations can take part in these competitions with their videos, without any age limit (with the exception of the Junior Competitions, which are open to children aged 8 to 12 and young people aged 12 to 15).
How do the competitions work?
• There are two rounds: the first round and the final round.
• After the registration deadline, the names of the candidates who participated in the first round will be published on our website on the date specified in the tender.
• The jury will decide on the admission of a maximum of 16 candidates to the final after the first round on the date specified in the tender.
What happens if I am in the final?
• All names and videos of the finalists will be published on our website on the dates specified in the tender.
• The candidates do not have to do anything else. They will be informed by email that they are in the final.
• No new video is required for the final round – the jury’s decision will be based on the material submitted with the entry deadline.
What happens if I am not in the final?
• All candidates in the first round will receive a certificate of participation by email.
What are the prizes?
• The results of the final round will be announced by email to the winners on the date specified in the tender and published on our website and social media channels.
• All winners will receive a certificate documenting the competition prize by e-mail.
• All other finalists will receive a certificate by email stating that they have participated in the final round.
How can I register for the competition?
• To register, candidates need the following documents:
– Biography (in Word only)
– Video links (YouTube only)
– Proof of payment of the participation fee (PayPal or bank transfer only).
The participation fee is 100 € (Early Booking 75 € until the date published in the announcement). The participation fee is to be paid exclusively via PayPal (here) or the following bank account:
Friends and Sponsors of the Anton Rubinstein Academy
IBAN: DE56 3022 0190 0364 0117 17
• When making payment, it is essential to state the full name of the participant(s) and the desired competition.
• The participation fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
How should I make the recording?
• The programme can be chosen freely, with a duration of approximately 30 minutes.
• Candidates may submit one or more YouTube video links.
• The YouTube video links should be submitted directly at the time of registration, but may still be submitted by e-mail up to the registration deadline for the respective competition.
• No new videos will be accepted after the registration deadline.
• The videos will be used for judging in both rounds. Finalists do not have to submit new videos.
What are the legal conditions?
• With their registration, participants allow the organiser to freely dispose of the photo, sound and video recordings submitted to the competition for the purpose of documentation and public relations on its website and social media channels.
• The jury’s decision is final.
• All registration deadlines and dates can be found in the announcement of the respective competition on our website.
• With their registration, the candidates confirm their agreement with the competition conditions.
till 22. August 2023
|The registration fee||100 €|
Freunde und Förderer der Anton Rubinstein Akademie
IBAN: DE56 3022 0190 0364 0117 17
- PayPal (+ 2%)
- Please, do not forget to specify your full name and the name of the competition!
- Artistic Vita
- Link to YouTube
- Confirmation of payment