The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2020 – CELLO JUNIOR
29. & 29. March 2020, Dusseldorf
The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2020 – CELLO JUNIOR is open to all young cellists from 8-15 years old whose goal it is to become successful professional musicians.
- 1. Prize- 3/4 Cello as a loan for 1 year
- 2. Prize from the Blatow Fondation
- 3. Prize from the The Friends and Patrons of the Anton Rubinstein Academy
- The International Anton Rubinstein Competition 2020 – CELLO JUNIOR is organized by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf and will take place in the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein in Düsseldorf, Germany on April 29.03.2020.
- Young cellists all nations may take part in this competition.
- The competition will take place in two rounds, from which the Jury will decide the winners.
- The first round will be completed via video link on YouTube. The results will be announced via email on February, 28th, 2020.
- The final will take place in the Concert Hall of the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, Germany.
- The final of competition is open to the public.
- A maximum of 20 candidates will be advanced to the final Round. This decision will be made by the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, using the recordings from the first round.
- The International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will determine the order in which the competitors perform.
- The repertoire for the first round can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must max. 15 minutes long.
- For the final, the repertoire can be freely chosen by the candidate, but must be max. 15 minutes long.
- The program for the final may include works from the first round.
- The works, which require a preparation of the grand piano, are excluded from the competition
- The jury has the right to interrupt any performance that exceeds the applicable time limit.
- The candidates are allowed to bring their own accompanists. However, if need be, and with prior arrangement, the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein will also appoint a pianist for the competitors. The fee for the pianist is 100€, (to be paid after selection in Final Round), and includes a 20 minutes rehearsal and the competition performance.
- The final results will be announced at the end of each competition day on March 29th, 2020 about 6:00 pm..
- All participants must be present when the competition results are announced.
- With their registration, participants authorize the organizer, i.e. the International Music Academy Anton Rubinstein, to use all photo, video and audio material of the competition at its discretion.
- The decision of the jury is final and incontestable.
- With his or her registration, the candidate agrees to the rules and regulations of the competition.
- Registration Deadline: February 20th, 2020
Registration fee: 75€ before January 20th, 2020 and 100 € thereafter.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.